Auditory & Sensory Solutions
The ability to reduce background noise, and get a clear sound from the teacher’s voice is of particular value to those with a variety of conditions including:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
Roger Focus is an easy‐to‐use personal hearing aid style device that sends the speaker’s voice directly into the wearer’s ear/s whilst reducing background noise and distraction by emphasizing voice-specific frequencies. This approach cuts out distracting noise, like nearby conversations or ambient noise, allowing clearer and more comfortable understanding of speech.
Research found that children who wore a Roger Focus improved their speech understanding by an average of 53% compared to children who didn’t wear the technology.
Our sensory packages are designed for personal use and to complement classroom practices, ideally in combination with a Roger Soundfield. Our solution combines the Roger Focus with either a Roger Touchscreen or a Roger Select, depending on the individual’s preference and needs.
Note: A Roger Focus is NOT a Hearing Aid and will not work by itself.
- The Education Auditory Package (recommended) is compatible with a Roger Soundfield which is commonly used in Australian Classrooms.
- The Personal Auditory Package is suitable for adults or children in both personal and work situations.
We recommend using the Roger Focus with the support of an Occupational Therapist and / or Audiologist.